RISE aims to remove the gaps in key competencies that create barriers to employment for refugees, by developing the focussed curriculum and accompanying learning materials, including interactive desktop and mobile games based learning resources, which are engaging and accessible to the target groups.
The RISE partner organisations worked with refugees and employers to identify the gaps in key skills that create barriers to employment for refugees. Workshops were held with groups of refugees from the three partner countries, to establish their support needs. There then followed a process of co-design with our end users, which confirmed the RISE project end products.
- four educational computer games, 2 for desktop and 2 for mobile platforms, that are engaging, relevant and accessible to the target group
- a curriculum to meet the identified skills gaps for the employment of refugees
- project website and learning portal
- a trainers’ handbook
These resources will help to:
- Reduce gaps in language and computer skills
- Improve cross-cultural communication skills
- Increase employability prospects for refugees
Funding Scheme: EU Lifelong Learning Program
Runtime: 2013 - 2015