We are excited to introduce the Erasmus+ project SkillsMatch which aim is to provide capacity building to adult educators through the acquisition of essential digital skills. The project addresses the knowledge gap of adult educators regarding e-learning offers.
Nowadays, the quantity of online courses available online keeps increasing. Such an educational offer can be a considerable asset for adult educators who can use online courses as resources in their own curricula. And yet, and such a large online educational offer can be destabilizing for adult educators with basic digital skills who may not be able to search and find the appropriate e-course(s) for their teaching.
For this reason, the SkillsMatch project will help adult educators develop their digital skills to better answer the needs of their target groups. It will tackle the gap between the plethoric e-learning offer and the current skills of European adults educators. The project targets two specific groups: adult educators willing to upgrade their digital skills and designers of e-learning courses for adult educators (course providers).
To do so, the project will develop 3 results:
- An Online/mobile matching tool to match adult educators’ skill gaps with the available e-learning offer. This app will be based on a smart search engine able to search through the Internet and to analyze online information.
- A Guide for course providers, an educational tool to make e-learning providers better understand the needs and abilities of adult educators.
- Learning Nuggets, or micro e-learning units regarding essential soft skills identified by the European Framework for Digital Competencies of Adult Educators (DigiComEdu). These modules will further upskill adult educators to obtain soft skills needed to use e-learning courses in their teaching activities
The project started in November 2020 and will last until October 2022. Our partnership gathers 7 partners from 6 different countries:
- Middlesex University, United Kingdom (coordinator)
- IDEC S.A., Greece
- Emphasys Ltd, Cyprus
- Pontydysgu SL, Spain
- P & W Project GMHB, Germany
- Eurocrea Merchant SRL, Italy
- Oracel TES Ltd, United Kingdom
The SkillsMatch team brings together experts in education, adult training and digital solutions development. We will soon release our first project result, the Online/mobile app designed for selecting the most appropriate e-learning courses, based on the MUSKET tool developed in Middlesex University. The overall objective of SkillsMatch is to enable adult educators to make the most out of digital educational resources and to further develop innovative practices in education in the EU.