The benchmarking tool consists of:
- Benchmarking methodology: A report describing the theoretical background, the state of the art in the theme of quality assurance in VET, analysing similar software tools and proposing a methodology for the benchmarking tool
- Benchmarking questionnaire: The core of the benchmarking tool is a multiple choice questionnaire to be filled in by VET providers
- Best practices template and instructions: A tool to assist VET providers to compile their best practices in a consistent way for on-line publication
- Specifications for the on-line benchmarking tool: a document describing the technical requirements and providing a design of the software tool.
- On-line benchmarking tool: The electronic tool, which is an on-line questionnaire, placed on the portal, individual and statistic reports.
- Collection of quality profiles that will be the benchmark data for the comparison.
- Collection of best practices. VET providers with excellent performance in some quality criteria are being asked to submit their best practices. The best practices then go through a selection, evaluation and revision process before publication.
The benchmarking tool is free to use with a simple registration procedure. Visit the portal at BEQUAL
Runtime: 2008 - 2010
Program Scheme: Lifelong Learning Program of the European Union
Sub-Program: Leonardo da Vinci
Promoter: IDEC, Greece