The rationale behind the BINNOC project is to respond to the need for an increase in competitiveness of businesses which are developing their activities in the current economic environment. The project intends to promote, by means of active co-operation between universities and enterprises, the introduction of innovation in all their spheres of action as a competitiveness improvement tool. The main aim is to design a work methodology within higher education institutions and companies which allows the diagnosis of the innovation capability of companies (especially SMEs) and to propose a series of actions (combining training and support) which respond to the needs identified.
This work methodology benefits both parts, since it will become a mechanism for knowledge and research carried out within Higher Education institutions to be tested and validated in the enterprise context and, on the other hand, enterprise partners will have at their disposal a wide range of tools and methodologies for the improvement of business management practice.
For these aims to be achieved, a series of activities are being undertaken:
- Documental and best practice search
- Development and testing of a tool for the analysis of the innovation capacity of organisations
- Design, development and testing of a training programme (modules) to address the identified shortcomings
- Writing and publication of a methodological guide
The main project outputs will be:
- Tool for the analysis of the innovation capacity of organisations
- Modular training programme combined with support and follow-up
- Methodological guide
All these results, in the short term, will have an important impact in the participating companies and will allow that the designed methodologies be transferred, in the long term, to other enterprise organisations potentially interested.
Program Scheme: Lifelong Learning Program of the European Union
Promoter: Florida, Spain